From the State Board of Elections:
Effective July 1, 2014
Voter, are you ID Ready?
Voters must present one of the following acceptable forms of identification when voting, effective July 1 2014:
- Valid Virginia Driver’s Licence
- DMV Issued Voter Identification Card
- Valid United States Passport
- Valid Employee Photo Identification Card
- Other Government-issued Photo Identification Card
- Valid College or University Student Photo Identification Card (Issuer must be an institution of higher education located in Virginia)
If you do not have an acceptable form of identification please contact your local voter registration office for a free ID.
Virginia State Board of Elections
Voter Registration City of Suffolk
440 Market Street
Suffolk, VA 23434
For more information go to sbe.virginia.gov