The Suffolk Democratic Committee hereby announces that it will hold an assembled caucus at 7:30 p.m. on April 23, 2012 at the Farm Fresh Community Room, 1401 N. Main Street, Suffolk, Virginia for the purpose of electing delegates and alternates to the 4th Congressional District Democratic Convention and the Democratic Party of Virginia Convention. Any person wishing to be a candidate for delegate or alternate must file a written declaration of candidacy with Arthur C. Bredemeyer, Chair of the Suffolk Democratic Committee, 424 Market Street, Suite 200, Suffolk Virginia 23434 prior to 5 p.m. on April 19, 2012. No person who has failed to comply with the pre-filing requirements may be considered for election. Any person attending the caucus, before participating in the caucus, shall sign a standardized declaration form stating that he or she is a Democrat and is a registered voter in the City of Suffolk. Declaration forms must be filled out at the caucus prior to 7:30 p.m. Doors to the caucus will be closed at that time and no person may complete a form or enter the caucus after that time with the exception of those persons in line at the above mentioned time. If only the number of or less than the number of persons filing written declarations are received those candidates will automatically be elected as delegates and alternates. For further information, please contact Arthur C. Bredemeyer at 923-9384 or 925-0796.
Authorized by the Suffolk Democratic Committee
Use the following forms to file your declaration of candidacy. In order to be valid, these forms must be printed, filled out, and turned in prior to the deadline as described above.
– – – – – – — – – – – – – – – – — – – – – — – – – – – – — – – – – – – – – – – – – – — –
Call To Caucus
Whereas it is the duty of the Suffolk Democratic Committee to issue the Call to Caucus for the purpose of electing Delegates and Alternates to the 4th Congressional District Convention and the Democratic Party of Virginia State Convention.
Now therefore be it resolved that the Suffolk Democratic Committee hereby issues the Call to Caucus to convene at 7:30 p.m., Monday, April 23, 2012 at the Farm Fresh Community Room, 1401 N. Main Street, Suffolk, Virginia 23434 for the sole purpose of electing Delegates and Alternates to the 4th Congressional District Convention and the Democratic Party of Virginia State Convention and the following provisions shall govern the caucus, to wit:
- 1. Type of Caucus
The caucus will be an Assembled caucus.
- 2. Any Democrat desiring to declare their candidacy for election as Delegate or Alternate to the 4th Congressional District Convention and the Democratic Party of Virginia State Convention shall file a Declaration of Candidacy no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 19, 2011 with the Chair of the Suffolk Democratic Party at 424 Market Street, Suite 200, Suffolk, Virginia 23434. Only those candidates properly pre-filed will be considered at the caucus.
- 3. Notice will be placed on the Suffolk Democratic Committee and Democratic Party of Virginia websites no earlier than April 6, 2012 and no later than April 19, 2012 with a press release to the Suffolk News-Herald and the Virginia-Pilot SUN.
- 4. Voting will be one vote per caucus attendee who signs a Declaration and is accepted by the Credentials Committee.
- 5. There will be two caucus committees, to wit: the Credentials Committee and the Rules Committee.
- 6. Discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, color, national origin, religion, ethnic identity or economic status in the delegate selection process is prohibited.
- 7. If no more than applications than the number of open positions is received those applicants will automatically be elected.
Adopted: February 21, 2012
Arthur C. Bredemeyer
Chair, Suffolk Democratic Committee