Whereas it is the duty of the Suffolk Democratic Committee to issue the Call to Caucus for the purpose of electing Committee members.
Now therefore be it resolved that the Suffolk Democratic Committee hereby issues the Call to Caucus to convene at 7 p.m., Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 321 W Washington Street, Suffolk, Virginia 23434 for the sole purpose of electing Committee members and the following provisions shall govern the caucus, to wit:
1. Type of Caucus
The caucus will be an Assembled caucus.
2. Any Democrat desiring to declare their candidacy for election to the Suffolk Democratic Committee shall file a Declaration of Candidacy no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, December 6, 2013 with the Chair of the Suffolk Democratic Party at 2701 Copeland Road, Suffolk, Virginia 23434. Dues are $25 per annum. Only those candidates properly pre-filed will be considered at the caucus.
3. Notice will be placed on the Suffolk Democratic Committee and Democratic Party of Virginia websites no earlier than November 27, 2013 and no later than December 3, 2013.
4. Voting will be one vote per caucus attendee who signs a Declaration and is accepted by the Credentials Committee.
5. There will be two caucus committees, to wit: the Credentials Committee and the Rules Committee.
6. Discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, color, national origin, religion, ethnic identity or economic status in the delegate selection process is prohibited.
7. If no more than applications than the number of open positions is received those applicants will automatically be elected.
Adopted: November 25, 2013
Chair, Suffolk Democratic Committee