- Meeting/ Recording Secretary - Regular attendance at meetings (preferably in person), taking notes of official business. Availability to attend at least 2 of 4 monthly executive meetings. Take official meeting minutes (who; what; and follow-up steps). Draft minutes and send within 3 days of general meeting.
- Membership Committee Co-Chair - Keep records of membership applications, and membership acceptance. Maintain digital membership list. (with committee, send reminders of meetings, welcome packets and follow-ups)
Outreach Committee - open positions:
- Canvass committee - talk directly with neighbors about voting, candidates and issues
- Phone Call Committee - talk via phone about issues, candidates and voting
- Get Out The Vote Committee - help host Voter Registration drives, greet voters at the polls, put out yard signs, provide rides to the polls or help with absentee ballots. Be a player in the Superbowl!
- Precinct Borough committee - Chair needed. Position is currently managed by Outreach Committee. As we drill down into neighborhoods, we will build the block-by-block Democratic chain-link fence that will help rebuild and reinvent this City.
Events Committee Co-Chair -
- Coordinate all Outreach Events
- Coordinate and plan educational and candidate events for exposure
- Assist Fundraising committee with events
- Plan and execute one Annual Committee event that is non-political in nature. Should be in service or community-centered.
- November's election will define Virginia's right to vote, free speech and bodily autonomy. It's our freedom to love, our access to education and our freedom from religion. It's Parent's rights, gun rights and our right to clean air and water. There are too many things at stake to sit it out. Visibility and Consistency are the only way to win. And that means money.
- research and create educational and informative explainer information for live, digitial and/or paper transmission on subjects that are important to a variety of Suffolk's Demographics.
- - Visual Creation
- - Letters to the Editor Committee
- - Workshops and Seminars
- - Town Halls and Meeting with Leaders - Activism Events (protests, awareness campaigns, etc.)
- Help Keep the SDC connected with each other by assisting to train non tech-savy volunteers; doing data entry or even assisting with digital promotions on our Social Media channels.
Communications Committee -
- Media Messaging. Help spread the Democratic message across multiple media channels.
- Coordinate with Outreach committee to amplify the media messaging
Upcoming Immediate TASK needs
- Greeters/staff at Voter Education Event 7/29 @ Main Street office
- Volunteers to help register voters at Citywide locations during National Night Out 8/1 5p-8p
- Volunteers to man our SDC tent at Taste of Suffolk 8a-10a, 10a-2p, 2p-4:30p
- Volunteers to help man our Peanut Fest Tent 10/8-11 four (4) hour shifts from 10a-10p
- Volunteers to distribute sample democratic ballots at polling locations on Election Day
- Postcard writers
- Contacting voters by phone - Phone bankers
- Contacting voters by text – Textbankers
- Contacting voters door-to-door
- Distributing Yard Signs