June 23, 2020 Democratic Primary Elections in Suffolk
- Virginia has no Democratic primary for U.S. Senate
- Virginia has no Democratic primary for U.S. House District 3
- U.S. House District 4
- A. Donald McEachin (incumbent)
- R. Cazel Levine
- Deadline to register or update registration information: Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed: Tuesday, June 16, 2020
November 3rd General Election
- Democratic Candidate: Joe Biden
- Democratic Candidate: Mark Warner
U.S. House District 3
- Democratic Candidate: Bobby Scott
U.S. House District 4
- Democratic Candidate: Winner of 4th District Democratic primary
- Deadline to register or update registration information: Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed: Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Virginia residents can register online with the Virginia State Board of Elections at https://www.elections.virginia.gov/registration/
- You don’t have to register for each individual election, but to vote in an election you must be registered with correct information by the registration deadline
- Absentee Voting
- Your request for an absentee ballot to be mailed must be received by the registrar by 5PM one week before the election. If the request is not received on time, it doesn’t matter when it was mailed.
- You may vote in-person absentee until three days before the election.
- To vote absentee in the June primary, you must state your reason for requesting an absentee ballot. You may use “2A My disability or illness” if the COVID-19 outbreak is your reason. The November general election will have no-excuse absentee voting.
- More candidate information is available at https://www.elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/candidate-list/