Health Insurance Navigator Claressa Strawn wants to let us know about a health care event this weekend at Greensville County High School in Emporia:
- Anyone can come….yes, anyONE; No Age Requirement, No ID needed, No Money Needed and No Application to fill
- It’s perfect for Seniors who have Medicaid and wear glasses. It’s my understanding that Medicaid doesn’t pay for glasses only prescriptions
- It’s great for children of ALL ages because of the awesome eyeglasses donated by a retired eyedoctor, Dr. Tillar’s Emporia’s office, and MORE
- Picking up your glasses on the SAME DAY? WHAT A WOW! – glasses are made on the spot for most; except those with high prescriptions. High Prescriptions glasses can be picked up on August 2nd at the local library from 1 -7p.
- It’s perfect for SPORTS PHYSICALS – IT’S FREE and we have designated people to help!
- Need your teeth cleaned, pulled or a cavity filled? NOW is the time – IT’S FREE!
- Diabetes and Cholestoral Testing and RESULTS are made on the spot
- We will have a CHAPEL for prayer: impacting mind, body and soul
- Medical Team (33): 15 Physicians, 7 Nurse Practioners and 11 Medical Students/Asistants
- Vision Team (31): 1 Opthalmologist, 6 Optometrist, 6 Opticians, 10 Vision Techs and 8 Vision Students
- Dental Team (45): 12 license dentists, 10 Patient Ready Students with Faculty as overseers, 3 Dental Hygienist, and 21 Dental Assist
- Triage will go fast because we have 68 Registered Nurses
- Educational Workshops: Opiod Overdose, Mental Health First Aid, Health Care Basic and Questions (partnered with Bureau of Insurance and an attorney), Nutritional Classes based on blood level, Biblical Nutrition, Kidney, CPR Training, Azheima, Diabetes, GAP, and MORE
There’s something for EVERYONE; so, PLEASE SEND PATIENTS or CLASS PARTICIPANTS!!!!
Greensville County High School
Doors Open at 6 a.m.; COME EARLY, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE
Saturday, June 24th (full day) & Sunday, June 25th (half a day)
🎶A GIFT TO THE COMMUNITY FROM THE COMMUNITY🎶
It’s almost time for our
Annual Pancake Breakfast!
August 12, 2017 8am – 10am
1206 North Main Street, Suffolk, VA 23434
Tickets cost $10.00
For Tickets Call Catherine at 281-543-2861 or purchase tickets through ActBlue
The Surry County Democratic Committee will be hosting a 64th District Democratic Candidate Forum on Tuesday, May 23 at 7pm at the Surry County Parks and Recreation Center, 205 Enos Farm Drive.
Our Democrats who are running for the 64th are:
Jerry Cantrell, and
For new voters and those who must update their registration, the last day to register in time for the primary is May 22. The primary election will be held on June 13, 2017.
** Canceled. The city has canceled the Shake Rattle and Roll event. The following text is from our original post and is for information only **
Our city of Suffolk Virginia will be holding its 9th Annual Shake Rattle and Roll car show. In addition to the exciting car show, there will be live music, food, and vendors, and the Suffolk Democratic Committee will be there with information about getting active in politics, voting, and the upcoming primaries, which are right around the corner!
The event is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the historic Main Street corridor of Downtown Suffolk.
For more information about the city’s event, see the flyer at Suffolk Fun
Today, we got the infuriating news that the Republicans in the House passed their horrible health care bill without getting report from the CBO. We all have work to do to make sure it doesn’t pass the Senate.
We also have a primary coming up and it is important to make sure people get out to the polls. The higher numbers we have during the primaries, the higher our general election numbers will be. Keeping Democrats in the executive branch in Virginia is our only buffer to an all out Trump agenda. Unfortunately, history tells us Democrats are less likely to turn out during off year elections, so we need your help. The deadline to register to vote for the primary is May 22nd so time is of the essence for us to get information out to Progressives in our community. Our door hangers are a great way to reach out to voters.
This Saturday, we will be canvassing in the Huntersville neighborhood to put door hangers with information about the primary and general and deadlines for registering to vote. The canvass runs from 10:00-1:00. We will be meeting at the corner of Camilla Dr. and Old College Drive at 10:00 sharp.
Please let me know [ contact form ] if you can join us.
Thanks and hope to see you Saturday!
PS. Next Saturday, May 13th we are planning a canvass from 10-1, followed by a meeting from 2-4 at the Suffolk Memorial Library on West Washington Street in downtown Suffolk. We hope you can join us!
Dorothy J. Waddell
SDC Outreach Chairperson
The ACLU are hosting regional Member Forums throughout May 2017 to share their vision and empower individuals to engage locally in the effort to defend civil liberties and advance civil rights in Virginia. Learn what you can do to help advance their goal of securing freedom and equality for all in the Commonwealth. Space is limited at each location, so please register early.
To register and see other event locations, please visit the ACLU’s Member Forums Page
Thursday, May 18, 7-8:30 p.m.
Academy for Discovery at Lakewood, Auditorium
1701 Alsace Avenue
Norfolk, Herndon, VA 23509
Wednesday, May 24, 7-8:30 p.m.
Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre
Christopher Newport University
1 University Place
Newport News, VA 23606