Health Insurance Navigator Claressa Strawn wants to let us know about a health care event this weekend at Greensville County High School in Emporia:
- Anyone can come….yes, anyONE; No Age Requirement, No ID needed, No Money Needed and No Application to fill
- It’s perfect for Seniors who have Medicaid and wear glasses. It’s my understanding that Medicaid doesn’t pay for glasses only prescriptions
- It’s great for children of ALL ages because of the awesome eyeglasses donated by a retired eyedoctor, Dr. Tillar’s Emporia’s office, and MORE
- Picking up your glasses on the SAME DAY? WHAT A WOW! – glasses are made on the spot for most; except those with high prescriptions. High Prescriptions glasses can be picked up on August 2nd at the local library from 1 -7p.
- It’s perfect for SPORTS PHYSICALS – IT’S FREE and we have designated people to help!
- Need your teeth cleaned, pulled or a cavity filled? NOW is the time – IT’S FREE!
- Diabetes and Cholestoral Testing and RESULTS are made on the spot
- We will have a CHAPEL for prayer: impacting mind, body and soul
- Medical Team (33): 15 Physicians, 7 Nurse Practioners and 11 Medical Students/Asistants
- Vision Team (31): 1 Opthalmologist, 6 Optometrist, 6 Opticians, 10 Vision Techs and 8 Vision Students
- Dental Team (45): 12 license dentists, 10 Patient Ready Students with Faculty as overseers, 3 Dental Hygienist, and 21 Dental Assist
- Triage will go fast because we have 68 Registered Nurses
- Educational Workshops: Opiod Overdose, Mental Health First Aid, Health Care Basic and Questions (partnered with Bureau of Insurance and an attorney), Nutritional Classes based on blood level, Biblical Nutrition, Kidney, CPR Training, Azheima, Diabetes, GAP, and MORE
There’s something for EVERYONE; so, PLEASE SEND PATIENTS or CLASS PARTICIPANTS!!!!
Greensville County High School
Doors Open at 6 a.m.; COME EARLY, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE
Saturday, June 24th (full day) & Sunday, June 25th (half a day)
🎶A GIFT TO THE COMMUNITY FROM THE COMMUNITY🎶
It’s almost time for our
Annual Pancake Breakfast!
August 12, 2017 8am – 10am
1206 North Main Street, Suffolk, VA 23434
Tickets cost $10.00
For Tickets Call Catherine at 281-543-2861 or purchase tickets through ActBlue
The Suffolk Democratic Committee thanks all of our primary candidates for raising awareness, giving us choices, and making an exciting primary season. And we congratulate our nominees and pledge our support as we move forward to the general election in November.
Virginia’s Primary Elections will take place June 13th.
Visit our Candidate Information Page for information about your candidates.
Visit the Virginia State Board of Elections’s Voter Outreach Page for information on your registration status, your ballot, districts, and polling location. Remember to bring a photo ID, such as a driver’s licence, a military ID, or a Virginia voter ID to the polls.
The City of Suffolk has provided online maps and information about districts, precincts, and polling locations. Clicking on the images below will take you to the appropriate map pages on the city’s website.
Our next meeting will be June 13th, which is also Primary Day when we will choose our Democratic candidates for Governor, LT Governor, and, for some voters in Suffolk, House of Delegates District 64.
Please look at our Candidate Information Page for information about our candidates and links to their websites.
Vote in the Democratic Primary this Tuesday, then join us for our monthly meeting at 701 East Old Pinner Street.
See you Tuesday!
We hope you take time today to express gratitude to those who gave their lives defending our great nation.
The Surry County Democratic Committee will be hosting a 64th District Democratic Candidate Forum on Tuesday, May 23 at 7pm at the Surry County Parks and Recreation Center, 205 Enos Farm Drive.
Our Democrats who are running for the 64th are:
Jerry Cantrell, and
For new voters and those who must update their registration, the last day to register in time for the primary is May 22. The primary election will be held on June 13, 2017.
Good home cooking, fine jazz by the Forte duet, and good company on this evening before the primary. Sista’s Cafe, 13426 Benns Church Boulevard, Smithfield, Va Monday, June 12, 2017. Discussion will include John’s activities leading up to the primary, some good things accomplished in the legislature this session, and some ideas for the next session. Tickets benefit John Wandling for Delegate and are available for $64 a plate. Includes dinner, sides, non alcoholic beverage, and dessert. Get tickets at https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/dinner64_2.
** Canceled. The city has canceled the Shake Rattle and Roll event. The following text is from our original post and is for information only **
Our city of Suffolk Virginia will be holding its 9th Annual Shake Rattle and Roll car show. In addition to the exciting car show, there will be live music, food, and vendors, and the Suffolk Democratic Committee will be there with information about getting active in politics, voting, and the upcoming primaries, which are right around the corner!
The event is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the historic Main Street corridor of Downtown Suffolk.
For more information about the city’s event, see the flyer at Suffolk Fun